Women’s Bible Study
Women's Bible Study
Restoring the Broken: A Study of Ezra and Nehemiah
You are invited to the Spring Women’s Bible Study of Nehemiah
Starting: Wednesday, January 15 | Friday, January 17 | Sunday, January 19 | Monday, January 20
God’s people provoked the Lord to anger. Refusing to listen to the prophets who had been sent to them again and again, they continued in their evil practices and worshipped false gods. As a result, the temple where God’s presence dwelt amongst his people was destroyed and the people themselves were carried off to exile in Babylon. The Promised Land that had flowed with milk and honey became, as Jeremiah the prophet said, a “desolate wasteland.”
BUT ————- a word of such hope in the midst of brokenness and loss when 70 years were fulfilled, God’s people would return to the land and rebuild the temple. More than just enabling this return and rebuilding, God set about restoring and rebuilding his people.
If you like a love story, intrigue, plot twists, unexpected allies and enemies, perseverance in the midst of opposition, Ezra and Nehemiah, have it all. If the losses, disappointments, and unrest of 2020 have left you feeling disoriented, discouraged, and broken, this study is for you. We will see the persevering, tenacious love of God for his people and his rule over all things. We will see that he is able to restore what is broken, a broken land, a broken place of worship, and broken people. It is a message of hope that we desperately need to hear in our day.
Facts for Spring 2021
- There will be a combination of ZOOM and in-person offerings (see below for more details)
- There will be no childcare offered
- NO COST: Due to the fact that our costs will be reduced, there will not be a fee assessed for the Spring Semester; however, we ask anyone who wishes to donate to the ministry to link out to the Registration tab below.
- Spring Semester will begin with a recap from the fall and an introduction to the book of Nehemiah
To help women meet Jesus through the study of God’s Word, and to see women grow in their faith—transformed more and more into the likeness of Jesus Christ. Each week, women have the opportunity to study the Bible on their own (using questions provided), attend a lecture and discuss the passage in a small group setting.
Open to women of all ages. Visitors are always welcome.
Note: In person sessions will include social distancing, wearing masks, and in small groups of 4-5 women
- Wednesday mornings (9:30am to 11:15am) in person
- Wednesday mornings (9:30am to 11:15am) ZOOM
- Wednesday evenings (7pm to 8:30pm) ZOOM
- Friday mornings (6am to 7:30am) ZOOM
- Sunday mornings (8:45am to 10:15am) ZOOM
- Monday evenings (7pm to 8:30pm, in person (Upper Dublin) will include social distancing, and not wearing masks